Friday, March 9, 2012

I have read things like twilight, Sarah Dessen, and Maximum ride. I like Libba Bray, Mari Mancusi, etc. I need some new books for this summer. Prefferably teen novels. Thx.|||Not really tseen novels, but definitely worth reading are the Odd Thomas books by Dean Koontz. You should easily be able to get through these. They are definitely funky and different than a lot of other fiction being written nowadays.

You might also like Watchers, also by Dean Koontz. It is about a dog that is given extra intelligence and eventually learns to "speak" with its' master. There is also an evil beast following them.|||Sweet Valley high books.|||As a librarian I get things like this a lot and since I'm about two years behind on what's popular for teens, I usually recommend looking at the various Yalsa lists.
I also recommend looking at the current nominees for the 2008 Yalsa Top Ten.|||Twilight is an awesome book. Nikki sixxs book was awesome and funky too.|||'a certain slant of light' by Lara witcomb|||Just in Case - Meg Rosoff
Lucas - Kevin Brooks
Before I Die - Jenny Downham
A Note of Madness -Tabitha Suzuma (about a boy with depression)
Life as we knew it - Susan Pfeffer
Daugther of Venice - Donna Jo Napoli
Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathon Stroud (Hilarious!)
hope these help!|||Jacquelin Woodson:
If You Come Softly
Show Way
Feathers
After Tupac & D Foster

Elizabeth Scott:
Perfect You
Spin the Bottle
Bloom
Living Dead Girl

Deb Calatti:
The Fortunes of Indigo Skye
The Queen of Everything
The Nature of Jade
Wild Roses

Siobhan Vivian
A Little Friendly Advice
Vunce Upon A Time

www.teenreads.com....check it out..great website for finding new books|||I love all of Meg Cabot and Sophie Kinsella's books. I am in the process of reading Emily Giffins books now. They are really great authors.

Meg has several Young Adult books/series. www.megcabot.com

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment