Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm doing a book report The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray and we have to find a few quotes that describe the setting, mood, theme of then novel kind of thing and lordy, it's a mighty big book so I was wondering if anyone had any quotes that they had that they think work well for a project like mine? Anything is fine I just NEED PAGE NUMBERS. I've got a few but not very good ones...

Thanks!

-Lindsey|||Here you go :) I hope this helps!:

Blood is thicker than water. That’s what they say. But in truth, most things are. –Gemma, page 673, The Sweet Far Thing
I’ve taken away her god, and she could kill me for it. –Gemma, page 709, The Sweet Far Thing
They’ve made her uncertain, and that’s how it’s done; that’s how we come to doubt what we know to be true. –Gemma, page 715, The Sweet Far Thing
“This is the world we live in, Gemma, for better or for worse. Make of it what you can.” –Kartik, page 652, The Sweet Far Thing
Everything is familiar and yet nothing seems as it was. –Gemma, page 624, The Sweet Far Thing
I have won. And winning, however cheaply bought, is thrilling. –Gemma, page 504, The Sweet Far Thing
“Even the best illusionist cannot cheat death.” –Dr. Theodore Van Ripple, page 514, The Sweet Far Thing
"You must remember, my dear lady, the most important rule of any successful illusion: First, the people must want to believe in it.” –Dr. Theodore Van Ripple, page 518, The Sweet Far Thing
“The hand you hold longest is your own.” –Lily Trimble, page 198, The Sweet Far Thing
“Everyone’s trying to be someone else, Miss Worthless. Here I have the good fortune of being paid for it.” –Lily Trimble, page 200, The Sweet Far Thing
“But we can’t go back. We can only go forward,” I say, surprised to hear Miss Moore’s words coming out of my mouth. –Gemma, page 338, The Sweet Far Thing
It is followed by the strangest sound, one that starts low and moves high. A laugh. No, not a laugh—a giggle. It is a giggle full of high spirits and merry mischief, proof that we never lose our girlish selves, no matter what sort of women we become. –Gemma, page 813, The Sweet Far Thing

I hope I helped. :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment