Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My name's Braden, but people have given me the nickname Bray. For some reason, I don't know why they gave me a nickname. Is my name not good enough for them to say or something?

Why do people give nicknames to others?|||I think it's a sign of familiarity and affection. People who call you Bray probably like you and feel comfortable calling you by a more familiar sounding name.

People are also lazy by nature and nicknames are easy to remember and say.|||When I give someone a nickname I ask them if it is OK. Most of the time they like the nickname. Most of the time if they are quys I call them by their last names. It is more personable that way.|||I'm probably very guilty of that.
We called my youngest daughter---"Runt" because she was so tiny.
I nicknamed one guy "Iggy" and it stuck--
I nicknamed one guy "Whistle Britches" and it stuck



Nicknames come in all types--some are shorter versions of your name and some are completely different. They are given in fun and camaraderie.|||It is easier to remember their names and it is a way of feeling you have a friend.|||It's a pneumonic device to help them remember the person.
It can be a reference to their physical appearance, their speech, their mannerisms, heredity, whatever.

Be glad that they recognize you and aren't ignoring you instead.|||...you're part o the family ...like joey the fish|||Well I don't know why i got Liss as my nickname, it's just a shorter version of Elyssa.

But my other nickname Elsa is easy to explain, it's what the stupid teachers at my school always call me when they first meet me, i don't know why, there's quite obviously a 'Y' in my name.|||Nicknames as long as not those teasing and mean ones are actually good! not tat ur name is particularly difficult to pronounce, but having a nickname is a sign of "closeness, warm and trust" between people.Calling ur real name is just too formal and not fun at all. we need something special like a nickname to bind us together :)|||I guess people just enjoy giving nicknames to people because it makes you more personal to them. everyone calls me Cack-hand lill, because im left-handed.|||Nicknames are terms of affection. You should be happy that you have such good friends.|||nick names r pronounced by their friends it give u another identity to that people who will love u|||well.ppl rem my name easily cos of e 'bra'.
some nicks are meant to be affectionate while e others are meant to offend.

but aint it boring to always use ur name?but pls dun call me bra,it sucks.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment